How can Gateway help you?
AASN NT Services provides Gateway Services to job seekers looking to start an apprenticeship or seeking career advice for alternative pathways, and to employers wishing to seek recruitment assistance or advice to employ an apprentice or trainee in their business. If you are a job seeker looking for work, thinking about getting back into work, or an employer looking to employ an apprentice or trainee, we have experienced and qualified people who can help. They will provide one-on-one support to help you connect with the learning, training and work opportunities available to you.
- All candidates undertake preliminary screening to assess their education level, qualifications, training and occupational preferences.
- Provide information and advice on other services available to individuals, who following the screening process are not suitable to an apprenticeship or other VET pathway.
- Deliver fit for purpose testing, such as LLN and trade/ qualification specific aptitude tests, which assess the individual skill level, skill gaps, and aptitude for a variety of training pathways and occupations.
- Where we use the results of the testing to determine appropriate training or employment pathways for the individual.
- Provide information to the individual on training and other service providers which offers suitable courses or programs.
- This also allows to identify individual case management needs for implementation during in-training support.
- Develop and implement methods to match individuals to an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship pathway with employers.
- Promote matching services to employers and engage employers in the matching process.
- Provide information and advice on appropriate work practices and effective communication to prepare individuals for the workforce to meet employer expectations.
- Provide information and advice to employers on best practice workplace behaviours to assist them to better understand apprentice traits and requirements.
AASN Outreach Centres
AASN NT has 6 Outreach Centres in remote location to assist with Gateway Services for Jobseekers and Employers in remote communities and growth towns, through our sub-contracting arrangement with Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation.
The Outreach Centres are set up with access to our Gateway Services team for information about Australian Apprenticeships & Vocational Education and Training pathway and online registration for Jobseekers and Employers.
Outreach Centres includes:
- Galiwinku (Elcho)
- Gapuwiyak (Lake Evella)
AASN vacancies are available on our Jobs Board
Some of the Outreach Centres